Friday, March 16, 2012

Saving yourself time one bunny or (INSERT HOBBY HERE) at a time

Earlier this week I shared with you all my adventures in being a bunny momma. Since then my bunnies have gone to the vet and have received a clean bill of health. They are out of the “danger zone” and continue to thrive. Needless to say I’m excited and this is being a great learning process.


Having a pet, any pet, takes time and dedication. Does that sound familiar? Being a writer also takes time and dedication. This is hard work and not for the faint of heart. Taking on a hobby that you love can make you a stronger and happier writer. But you can also incorporate your hobby into your branding and writing. Write what you know and save yourself some time.


Most people who read my blog know that I love animals. I’m published in non-fiction writing about dogs. I’m working on a second dog book and I’m now raising bunnies as mentioned in my previous post. So it should come of no surprise to you that I include animals in most of my fiction writing.


As writers we are jacks-of-all-trades. We get to research time periods, clothing, and many gadgets. One thing we can capitalize on is including what we know and love.


It saves time.


Writing is hard enough. Do what you can to make it easy on you. What have you incorporated into your writing that you know about? How have you saved yourself the research?


Announcements:


My book “Caring for Your Special Needs Dog” is available and gives a portion to Texas A&M Veterinarian School for research. It’s easy and rewarding to care for a special needs dog. Read how today for only $2.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment