Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Using a break to fuel productivity

Overwhelmed with deadlines? Got writers block? Sometimes, even though we may not think we have the time, a break can help increase your productivity. I learned this this week.

I thought I'd be able to get a lot of writing done when visiting family. The plan was that my baby would be able to have grandparent and aunt/uncle time and I would have writing time. This proved to not be the case as the family wanted time with me as well. No writing goals were met over the last six days.

Even though I am behind on meeting some goals I feel rejuvenated and believe that my work now will hold a high quality. My productivity is up and I feel more confident on my purpose as a writer. Sometimes we all need a break no matter how it may not seem to fit in our plan.

Have you experienced something like this? How do you fuel your productivity?

1 comment:

  1. Usually my break is turing over to design work and photography. Got to admit that dreams are my best method though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete