Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My debut to the World of Blogging

I've read many blogs but until recently I've never thought to start one. This may seem extremely odd to some since I am a writer but problem solved and here I am on Blogger. I'm a freelance journalist on contract with several Houston and National publications. I also love to read fiction and during this past year I began working on a Young Adult novel. I'm revising it and soon will be sending it out in search of an agent. I also am working on a Middle Grade novel that is based on a short story that I won a National Scholastic Award with when I was in Junior High. So yes, I've always loved to write. However, life happens and so far this year I've been following behind many of my personal deadlines but for good reason. My husband and I are expecting our first baby this summer. Our baby is doing great! I however, have not been enjoying the experience of pregnancy. I've been suffering from a condition called Hyperemisis which means I have a hard time eating and drinking. Of course that doesn't stop my cravings which only creates frustration! So now I spend my days writing or trying to write from bed or the couch.

This gives you an idea of what to expect from my blog. As a writer you never know what crazy topic I may be covering! That alone will bring laughs! I also will be blogging a lot about my journey to becoming a published fiction author. This is a very large and overwhelming industry but I'm already seeing the benefits and I'm determined to stick with it until it works out. And of course there is my personal life of pregnancy and the baby on the way. I will try to write often, even if it's just a little. And then there is my personal assistant that helps me with everything I do. That would be Oscar, the seventy-pound dog pictured with me above. Just about everything I write is done with him laying next to me or on me. So I think this is a good start and a enough about me for the day. I hope you will follow. If you are also a writer, leave advice or comment when you can relate to a post. If you have opinions on something I'm researching for an article please comment away. Or you can just lurk and I won't be offended. Until tomorrow (maybe) have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Natalie!

    I hope you have a great day as well!
    Lani

    ReplyDelete